måndag 20 mars 2017

Words hurt...

So the last few years I have received a new " friend "...a " friend" I've never had before but that makes me crazy sometimes..but also worried! Her name is ANXIETY!
At first I had a really hard time putting words to the feelings I was having... why was I all of a sudden scared to do things? To see people? And why did I feel worried about new social situations when I've always been such a social butterfly?  why did I have a hard time adjusting when just small daily plans changed?
My therapist said that it all has to do with control! That the day that I almost lost my life I lost all control... Over my body... Over everything... and that's why my brain now demands another kind of structure and control... And when that disappears, I get anxiety and I have a hard time handling certain situations! And as usual, she is completely right... that's exactly how I feel...
It took me awhile to realize why I have anxiety in certain situations, especially new ones! Because in new situations, with new people, I'm scared! Scared of that question or comment "why don't you have any kids?" Or like someone at a party a while back said " be glad you don't have kids so you don't have to find a sitter"!
Do you guys realize how hurtful these comments are? And why do people think it's okay to say things like this? Especially to someone that you don't even know! I'm pretty sure none of you would walk up to somebody and ask "why are you so fat?" RIGHT? 

I understand that when you have kids and you're in the midst of all this happiness maybe it's natural to talk about kids all the time.. And if the person that you're speaking to brings it up then by all means, go for it! But please think twice... You have no idea what the person in front of you is going through or has gone through... Girl or guy, it doesn't matter!

WORDS HURT....IMMENSELY! :(

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar